Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bought 96 Nissan Maxima last month- tonight white smoke from the hood, what could it be?

When I bought the car the digital clock didn't work but everything else was good. Then a few days after I bought it the check engine light came on. I checked the oil but it looked good so kept driving it withno problems but noticed in stop and go traffic it idles rough. then a few days ago the GPS stopped getting a charge from the cigarette lighter and tonight, in stop and go traffic noticed a smell coming from the AC and then saw the white smoke coming from under the hood. But the temp gauge didn't move it was just down all the way so maybe it is broken too, so i don't know if it was overheated or not. The engine never shut off and I shut it off and turned it back on a bunch of times with no problems. I am afraid to take it to a mechanic because I am a girl and new to the area and don't want to get taken advantage of. What could this be and what can I expect to pay for it? Also, can I drive it to someone to fix or should I have it towed?

No comments:

Post a Comment