Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mini dachshund help? Jumping on and off furniture?

Okay.. This might be a tad long. Bear with me, please. I have a mini dachshund puppy that is a little over 1yr old. We have been having a HORRIBLE time wig her jumping on and off things. She has always been allowed on the couch and beds, and that will not change so please don't even suggest banning her from them. But anyway, when we first got her she would kind o put her paws up on the couch or bed frame if she wanted up and we would pick her up. And if she wanted down she would sit at the corner of the couch or bed and look down when she wanted off. It was so easy then.. just picking her up and setting her down with out woruing about her... Anyway, soon after he developed a habit of jumping off of anything and everything. Once she realized she could do it, she never wanted to stop. We have tried everything to ge her to stop. She HAS to stop soon... I don't want this to develop into a lifelong habit, and jumping is extremely dangerous to her health as well. If she doesn't stop, I know she will eaither hurt her legs or back in time. We have bought her dog stairs and try to move them from room to room and couch to couch as often as possible, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. Even the times she has stairs, she usually avoids them and jumps down or up right next to them. Please help.. I'm at the end of my rope and I don't know what to do. I'm desperate to stop her. All I want is for her to either use the stairs when they are there or so what she did as a Tony baby and be patient when she wants up or down. Any help is very appreciated. While youre at it, we've had slot of problems with potty training, too..

No comments:

Post a Comment