Sunday, August 7, 2011

Subs stopped working! Haaaalp?

I'm defintely not a fan of Sony BUT their stuff is usually good as far as functionality/dependability goes so I would be surprised if the amp just "went bad". Overheating could be an issue BUT I've had numerous amps in socal (including a Sony) where it gets well over 100F and I've never had an amp overheat. Try checking the main fuse (inline with the power wire under the hood)....sometimes those blow but "re-fuse" and allow enough power through to turn on the amp but enough power to power the subs. Also, make sure you don't have the subs wired up to 1ohm...that could potentially cause the amp to fail (especially when combined with high temps). If the fuses are all good and the subs are wired up to 2ohms or more then it very well may just be that the amp went bad (I had a Polk Momo "go bad" 3 days after I bought it, then I replaced it with a new one and it has worked fine for about the last 4 years).

No comments:

Post a Comment